3D POS Structural Designer
This is an exciting opportunity to join Smurfit Kappa Corby Display UK business and its Design Team as Point of Sales (POS) Structural Designer. We are looking for someone who is experienced in FMCG focussed market with current and relevant experience.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Personally exhibit and uphold the company’s core values & behaviours of: Respect, Integrity & being Authentic.
- Be timely and enthusiastic in your day-to-day work.
- Actively support and be part of the Design Team working within the standards set by The Design Manage
- Creatively design and execute structural solutions that will drive our profitable sales
- Diligently complete day to day enquiries to the highest level as directed by the Design Manager
- Ensure that you adhere to the standards set by the department
- Communicate effectively with your work colleagues and complete all tasks with a high-level attention to detail.
- Be competent in the use of the CAD system and other supporting software in reference to the design department.
- Ensure that the housekeeping in the office & design area are maintained daily to a high level.
- Understand and implement the company’s BRC and ISO requirements in reference to the design department.
- Follow the Employees Handbook for general company rules and working conditions.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as deemed relevant within the remit of the design department.
- Work in accordance with sites certifications.
- Actively engage and participate in all elements of Health and Safety requirements, whilst utilising the Health and Safety systems available.
Knowledge, experience & characteristics desired:
- Structural POS design experience and knowledge and experience of CAD software (ArtiosCAD) is essential as well as literacy in MS Office applications.
- Technical and systematic approach to problem-solving with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and follow a brief and confidently present suitable solutions.
- Keenness to learn and understand our manufacturing processes and ability to thrive when the pace increases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to Health & Safety systems and procedures.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility with a positive and proactive approach.
In addition it is offered:
- Competitive salary depending on candidate’s experience & knowledge.
- 25 days per year of holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme for Employee and immediate family.
- Training & Development opportunities.
- Shut down during Christmas.
- Death in Service Benefit.
- The hours of work are full time office based Monday to Friday.
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work as Point of Sales Structural Designer within Europe's leading corrugated packaging company, we would love to hear from you!